We take our climate responsibilities seriously. We are committed to ensure that we are part of the solution to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030; whilst our heartfelt desire is to reach Net Zero by 2030 .
The fact that the planet faces a climate emergency is not in any doubt, so our pledge for the coming years is to continually take responsibility for Wild Dog’s contribution to the situation, to publish our actions and to aim for Net Zero as best we possibly can.
- We are proud to become a signatory and launch partner of the COP 26 Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism. By becoming signatories, we have agreed to implement the commitments detailed in the Glasgow Declaration.
- Support the global commitment to halve emissions by 2030 and reach Net Zero as soon as possible before 2050.
- Deliver climate action plans within 12 months from becoming a signatory (or updating existing plans), and implement them.
- Align plans with the five pathways of the Declaration (Measure, Decarbonise, Regenerate, Collaborate, Finance) to accelerate and co-ordinate climate action in tourism.
- Report publicly on an annual basis on progress against interim and long-term targets, as well as on actions being taken.
- Work in a collaborative spirit, sharing good practices and solutions, and disseminating information to encourage additional organisations to become signatories and supporting one another to reach targets as quickly as possible.
- Measure our emissions and publish.
We are also…
A founding member (and the only non tour operator member) of the AITO Climate Crisis Think Tank (ACT). Made up of key industry specialists, ACT engages with Government and Regulators regarding the core topics of carbon emissions and climatic change within the tourism sector.
A signatory to the Terra Carta – a charter that puts sustainability at the heart of the private sector. With the Sustainable Markets Initiative, His Majesty King Charles III is gathering a global ‘coalition of the willing’ who share the vision around the need to accelerate global progress towards a sustainable future. We are hugely proud for Wild Dog to be a named supporter.
We have declared a Climate Emergency. We’ve signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions –
In addition and most importantly we have taken action to reduce carbon as individuals and as a business. Please take a look at our climate plan on our We Care page for how we have done this.